From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] after finally doing my emerge -e world successfully, my regular world update fails
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 10:45:14
1 On 12/22/2017 11:02:14 AM, John Covici wrote:
2 > Hi. So, after two weeks, I finally got my emerge -e world finished.
3 > Now I was trying my regular world update with --deep, etc., but I get
4 > an impossible situation. It seems openrc is now blocking systemd, but
5 > I apparently need both.
8 I've noticed this, as well.
9 I think this is due to a change in a USE flag for systemd (+sysv-utils).
10 Therefore, I have added
11 sys-apps/systemd openrc python_targets_python2_7 abi_x86_32 -sysv-utils
12
13 to /etc/portage/package.use
14
15 With this, both, openrc and systemd build just fine.
16
17 My init system is openrc, and with this all seems to work just fine.
18
19 Helmut