From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Would a Thinkpad X200 be too much trouble too run gentoo on?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:42:11
1 On Thu, 2022-04-21 at 14:31 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >
3 > Firefox and Rust have -bin packages - not so lucky with LLVM and
4 > webkit-gtk.
7 Everything has a -bin package if you're willing to trade the security,
8 configurability, and performance that you get from a source build:
9
10 https://gentoo.osuosl.org/experimental/amd64/binpkg/default/linux/17.1/x86-64/
11
12 FWIW I dodge the librsvg (and therefore rust) dependency by using a
13 binpkg for my desktop icons. There's no (security, configurability, or
14 performance) issues with using pre-built icons, and only a few tiny
15 things are left a little bit broken. So, a normal day in Gentoo.