From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to force a rebuild?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:27:10
1 On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Bertram Scharpf
2 <lists@×××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I did not find this by Google. Maybe I asked the wrong
6 > terms.
7 >
8 > The package "virtualbox-modules" contains some kernel
9 > modules. When I built the package they landed in the
10 > directory
11 >
12 > # equery f app-emulation/virtualbox-modules
13 > ...
14 > /lib/modules/4.4.39-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko
15 > /lib/modules/4.4.39-gentoo/misc/vboxnetadp.ko
16 > ...
17 >
18 > After a kernel update the VirtualBox won't find them any
19 > more and do not expect that at all.
20 >
21 > I could delete the package and build-install it again, but
22 > then the old kernels modules would disappear. I just want
23 > to install the new ones.
24 >
25 > I could do a sequence of "ebuild" commands. Is there a
26 > front end "emerge" command, too? Something like the -U flag?
27 >
28 > Thanks in advance.
29 >
30 > Bertram
33 > --
34 > Bertram Scharpf
35 > Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany
36 > http://www.bertram-scharpf.de
39 You could try this:
40
41 ebuild `equery -q w app-emulation/virtualbox-modules` src_install pkg_postinst
42
43 Should this fail, you could always just reinstall
44 app-emulation/virtualbox-modules:
45 emerge app-emulation/virtualbox-modules