From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cellphone VFAT datestamps versus linux datestamps
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 02:05:35
1 On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:22:30PM -0500, R0b0t1 wrote
2 > On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 9:48 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > So I went to an event on Friday August 24th, and snapped some pics on
4 > > my cellphone. Let's just say the datestamps were ridiculous. Is there
5 > > a conversion algorithm or program to correct it? This may be a Windows
6 > > versus linux thing. See attached listing...
7 > >
8 >
9 > The high order bits are incrementing too quickly. I will check in a
10 > bit, but I think you should parse them into epoch time and flip the
11 > endianness.
12 >
13 > What is the brand and model of your cellphone so I can avoid all
14 > products from that company?
15
16 Correction; the OS is not Windows or Android, but rather KaiOS.
17 This is an Alcatel Go Flip. It gets bad reviews from people used to
18 smartphones who expect easy-to-use wifi, bluetooth, email, and web
19 browsing. The camera is mediocre too. I use the Go Flip mostly as a
20 phone... dohhh. I like it because it's luddite and it has...
21
22 * a physical keypad
23 * a slot for a user microSD card. Media files, e.g. photos, can be
24 pointed to go to my 32 Gig card.
25 * a user-replacable battery.
26 * a functional FM radio. For an antenna it needs to have ear/head
27 phones plugged into "the jack they didn't have the courage to remove".
28 * no Google Garbage constantly running in the background, so the battery
29 lasts 10 or 11 days on standby.
30 * the option to take any available usable frequency band, or to force 2G
31 or 3G or 4G/LTE.
32
33 --
34 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
35 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications