From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vmware Player 4 from vmware-overlay
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:48:32
1 On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 20.10.2011 15:00, schrieb Mark Knecht:
3 >
4 >> I've wanted to try out the Linux KVM stuff but watching the
5 >> development list gave me the feeling it wasn't stable enough to depend
6 >> on day to day.
7 >
8 > I have that stuff out at customers.
9 >
10 > Gentoo hosts run KVM, in there virtual Windows-machines for various
11 > specific software they need.
12 >
13 > Stable so far.
14
15 Good to know. Maybe I'll give it a try.
16
17 The following is more for my own to do list. Feel free to respond if
18 you know of a good Gentoo oriented web page for using KVM.
19
20 - I believe I've read that somehow I can convert my VMware Player
21 image to something that KVM runs directly. Is that correct? If so I
22 can move there pretty quickly, at least in terms of a simple test.
23
24 - I suppose there's a bunch of kernel config I need to do first, as
25 well as emerge some sort of KVM apps?
26
27 Cheers,
28 Mark