From: Justin Hart <justinhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How many people use KDE?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:19:06
1 KDE and GNOME, from a user perspective, are about identical, except
2 that KDE has a couple more bells and whistles.
3
4 Now, if you're hacking code, it comes down to which windowing API you
5 want to use. Of course, the user has the libraries for all of the
6 popular ones loaded anyway, so, again, it doesn't matter much.
7
8 I think that more distributions come with KDE set as the default, so,
9 probably KDE just based on that, unless Solaris has a much larger user
10 base than I think that it does. Sun is moving to (has moved to?)
11 GNOME, and sent out notices to all of their developers (I developed a
12 few Solaris apps a couple years ago) saying "jump to gtk+."
13
14 Justin
15