From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openvz kernel and ext4
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:40:42
1 On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 19:34 +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
2 > i emerged the openvz kernel, and compiled the kernel with ext4dev/ext4
3 > file system support. but when i tried to boot my system, i got a
4 > kernel panic. it says cannot mount my ext4 root, because it is not
5 > marked ok to use with test code.
6 >
7 > my root is at a ext4 file system, and i think the ext4dev/ext4 kernel
8 > compile option would allow me to use both ext4 and ext4dev features,
9 > am i wrong?
10 >
11 > i do not want to use ext4dev on my root, neither do i want to
12 > downgrade to ext3. is there a way to fix this?
13
14 You don't need ext4dev. ext4dev is old and, unless you've used it
15 before, there's no need to use it today. I'm guessing that's giving you
16 that error (that's an old error). It's easy to fix though (do a Google
17 search for the error). But it should not even occur if you've never
18 used ext4dev, IIRC.
19
20 -a