From: Wyatt Epp <wyatt.epp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Confusing persistent sync problem
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 04:00:12
1 Evening,
2
3 Lately, for at least a few months, actually, I've been completely unable to
4 sync normally. I'll get the following sort of thing three times from three
5 different servers.
6
7 >>> Starting retry 2 of 3 with rsync://134.68.220.74/gentoo-portage
8 >>> Checking server timestamp ...
9 Welcome to crane.gentoo.org
10
11 Server Address : 134.68.220.74
12 Contact Name : mirror-admin@g.o
13 Hardware : 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 1700MHz, 2024MB RAM
14
15 Please note: common gentoo-netiquette says you should not sync more
16 than once a day. Users who abuse the rsync.gentoo.org rotation
17 may be added to a temporary ban list.
18
19 MOTD autogenerated by update-rsync-motd on Mon Mar 9 08:43:32 UTC 2009
20
21 receiving incremental file list
22 timed out
23 rsync error: received SIGINT, SIGTERM, or SIGHUP (code 20) at rsync.c(544)
24 [receiver=3.0.5]
25 >>> Retrying...
28 I imagine it must be on my end, but I can't for the life of me figure out
29 what it is. Not at my desk, but I seem to recall the syslog was empty as
30 well. Has anyone run into this or, more importantly, a solution for this?
31
32 Cheers,
33 Wyatt