From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone running a hardened profile?
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 23:10:24
1 > But I have a feeling I'd soon be in big trouble if I did. Is this
2 > something that only gentoo devs should be messing with, or is this
3 > a project that a typical gentoo end-user might hope to accomplish
4 > without frequent suicidal thoughts?
5
6 In most cases hardened just works.
7
8 You may/will run into trouble when binary-only software (e.g. skype, nvidia-
9 drivers, ...) is used. If you can get along with an opensource-only system you
10 will most likely be fine.
11
12 It's useful to be familiar with bugzilla, bug reporting procedures, ... and
13 hang out on #gentoo-hardened in clase of trouble.
18 Andreas K. Huettel
19 Gentoo Linux developer
20 dilfridge@g.o
21 http://www.akhuettel.de/