From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Usign ansible
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:02:32
1 On 12.01.2015 08:46, Tomas Mozes wrote:
2 > On 2015-01-11 22:06, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >>> Out of curiosity, "ansible-controlled files, sysadmin-controlled files"
4 >>> means that something is managed via ansible and something is done
5 >>> manually?
8 >> Yes
9 >
10 > Then it's clear why /etc is in git. Ideally one would not make manual
11 > changes to systems managed via ansible.
12
13 I think that it is a clear advantage that it is *possible* to change
14 files in /etc (or other places) either manually or via rules/playbooks
15 from ansible. Fits my "workflow" better.
16
17 I will take the synced /etc-s as templates to define some roles and
18 start applying them to test-machines step by step ... this way the
19 existing configs get migrated to rules/roles/playbooks slowly.
20
21 Stefan