From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Makeing /dev/rtc1 accessible as soon as possible - how?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 01:40:57
1 On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi Mark, hi William,
3 >
4 > the script ds3231 in /etc/init.d is -- according to rc-update --
5 > set as folows:
6 >
7 > ds3231 | boot
8
9 Long and short of it, here's the boot order:
10 sysinit -> boot -> (single) -> default
11
12 rc(8) tells me that sysinit is for bringing up system specific stuff
13 such as /dev, /proc, /sys. So it's appropriate for a special device
14 file such as yours, with the caveat that you want it up AFTER any
15 dependencies such as sysfs.
16
17 Now how to do that is to make your script openrc compliant, so...
20 > There is no corresponding file in /etc/conf.d since the script
21 > onlu consist of two commands (see previous posting). There is no
22 > initramfs.
23
24 Since openrc is running your script, it will check /etc/conf.d/same-name
25 for any script with environment variables. Or you can put it in the init
26 script itself. Mind you, I don't know where to find documentation on
27 how openrc implements this, unlike, say, some controversial init system
28 on this list...
31 This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
32 Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
33 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none