From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to control SLOT?
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 06:30:57
1 On 16/05/2014 21:34, Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 16 May 2014 18:09:08 Jörg Schaible wrote:
3 >> Mick wrote:
4 >
5 >>> What else could I try?
6 >>
7 >> x11-wm/enlightenment:0.17 ~amd64
8 >
9 > Thanks Jörg, this (partly) worked and put me on the right path. So, now I
10 > have in /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment:
11 >
12 > x11-wm/enlightenment:0.17 ~amd64
15 > and in /etc/portage/sets/enlightenment:
16 >
17 > x11-wm/enlightenment:0.17
20 > Portage no longer tries to pull in e16 when I emerge set '@enlightenment'
21 > because the latter is only asking for SLOT :0.17. Of course, if I try 'emerge
22 > -1aDv enlightenment', then all bets are off without explicitly masking e16 off
23 > as Alan has done.
26 I can remove that masking from here now, it dates back years to when e17
27 was in an overlay with some peculiar masking applied. Portage too many
28 times would miss an update and want to install e16 so the easiest was to
29 just mask it locally.
30
31 I don't really need that anymore, so thanks for getting me to look there :-)
34 Alan McKinnon
35 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com