From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: equery depends =dev-lang/python-2.6.6-r2
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 13:21:20
1 On Saturday 03 September 2011 11:55:06 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > You can trust it because portage *is* the package manager, and the
4 > package manager always knows what the dependencies of packages are.
5 > Tools like equery can do analysis and stuff, but the final decision of
6 > what gets installed and what's needed is up to Portage. So if you can't
7 > trust the package manager, you're screwed anyway :-)
8
9 Well I did trust it yesterday when it decided it ought to remove MySQL. What
10 the hell, I thought: I can put it back easily enough.
11
12 So today when I started KMail it wouldn't. I had not only to remerge MySQL
13 but to add mysql USE flag to qt-sql in package.use and remerge qt-sql as
14 well.
17 Rgds
18 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23