From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Time to move on?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 00:38:17
1 Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> There are many devices and webmail services that do quoting in the
6 >> "Microsoft Outlook" style -- putting a one-line divider between the
7 >> reply and the original message. No indentation or nesting of replies.
8 >> This makes it harder to reply to specific parts of e-mails, but does
9 >> show you the entire conversation unaltered (when everyone uses
10 >> Outlook, anyway) -- and some companies actually /require/ that style
11 >> of quoting, believe it or not.
14 > Maybe because it follows more closely (one of) the standard ways of
15 > filing correspondence - maintaining a paper file by adding each new
16 > document on top on top of the 'pile'.
21 So that's why when I need to know the history of a conversation that I
22 have to flip that pile of papers over and start from the bottom. I
23 always wondered why that was. It made more work then, it still does.
24
25 Makes perfect sense.
26
27 Dale