From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc emerge error
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 18:22:57
1 Corbin Bird wrote:
2 > Is anyone else having a sys-libs/glibc emerge compile failure?
3 >> *** LD_LIBRARY_PATH shouldn't contain the current directory when
4 >> *** building glibc. Please change the environment variable
5 >> *** and run configure again.
6 > Same error regardless of the version of glibc I attempt to emerge.
7
8 Sure - this error always comes up here, too. Just enter
9
10 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
11
12 immediately before emerge, and it works.
13
14 -Matt
15
16 PS: And if you get some message concerning some variables which
17 are too big (or something like that), enter
18 mount -t tmpfs none /var/tmp/portage
19 just before emerge (and "umount /var/tmp/portage" afterwards).
20 I have to do this for the emerge of a few packages - I think
21 it's because of my 17 TB filesystem.