From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Symlinking out of a chroot
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:16:16
1 Hi,
2
3 On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:51:33 -0500 Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net>
4 wrote:
5
6 > The mount --bind thing looked nice, but you can't change the mount
7 > permissions from what those directories already have, i.e. if I have
8 > /stuff/pics on a filesystem mounted rw, I can't then mount --bind it
9 > to ro. At least that's what the man page says. If I could mount it
10 > to ro, that might be a better alternative.
11
12 Not the "--bind" way, that's right. You could, however, do it with a
13 loopback'ed network fs mount. Depending on the usage scenario and
14 production stability needed, that might be an option.
15
16 BTW, if this data is valuable, you should have backups on different
17 media, but you certainly know that...
18
19 -hwh
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list