From: n952162@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Aw: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] local mirrors (summary, leading to more questions)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 21:45:15
1 > Gesendet: Montag, 29. April 2019 um 10:47 Uhr
2 > Von: "Peter Humphrey" <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
3 > An: gentoo-user@l.g.o
4 > Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: [gentoo-user] local mirrors (summary, leading to more questions)
5 >
6 > On Sunday, 28 April 2019 21:37:19 BST n952162@×××.de wrote:
7 >
8 > > - Peter Humphrey suggests:
9 > > - http ftp proxy
10 > >
11 > > In what way is that different from rsync which I thought I'd already
12 > > configured?
13 >
14 > I assume that means you're using rsync to synchronise the portage database.
17 Yes, as instructed here:
18
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Local_Mirror#Setting_up_the_mirror
22 > Then, whatever you use to fetch distfiles for installation, it uses ftp or
23 > http transport to fetch them. ...
26 This page discusses local distfile servers:
27
28 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Local_distfiles_cache
29
30 using either of two approaches:
31 - apt-cacher-ng
32 - nginx
33
34 Do they relate to the ftp and http you mention?
35
36 I already have apache and don't want to install any more packages - it would seem that if nginx can serve the files, apache should be able to, too.
37 I'm trying to configure it.
38
39 This page: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Local_distfiles_cache#Setting_up_clients
40
41 says I should put this line into /etc/portage/make.conf:
42
43 http_proxy="http://distfilescache:3142
44
45 Is that the URL it'll send? So, all I'd have to do is have a virtual host responding to that port with a copy of /etc/portage/distfiles at its root?
46
47 TIA,
48
49 Tom