From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ls date was: Bizarre etc/cfg-update problem [Date issue SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 02:35:29
1 Richard Fish schreef:
2 > On 1/7/06, Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Don't think I really need the inodes (if that's what they are, I
7 > That is "link count". For a regular file, it tells how many hard
8 > links exist to the file. For a directory, it tells how many files
9 > are in that directory +2, since "." and ".." count as links.
10 >
11 > -Richard
14 Oh, thanks. They *are* useful then (not that everything isn't "useful",
15 but I guess I mean "to me"), so I'll eye them with more respect in the
16 future.
17
18 :-)
19