From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unkillable processes
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:04:34
1 On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 16:34 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 11/30/05, Travis Osterman <tosterman@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > > Sometimes something about her setup goes
4 > > > haywire and she loses all her desktop icons and her wallpaper.
5 > >
6 > > I've had a similar issue and, for me, it's usually nautilus erroring.
7 > > If I run '$ nautilus &' that usually fixes things (brings back
8 > > wallpaper, icons, panels, etc)..
9
10 Well, thats very similar to my approach, when i got problems with gnome
11 (usually minor ones):
12
13 $ killall nautilus
14
15 If your gnome is setup correctly nautilus should be restarted afterwars
16 atomatically - and hopefully work again.
17
18 Matthias
19 > >
20 > > HTH
21 > >
22 > > -- Travis
23 >
24 > Thanks Travis. We'll keep that in mond for the next time this happens.
25 >
26 > Cheers,
27 > Mark
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list