From: Fernando Rodriguez <cyklonite@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net-misc/asterisk-1.8.28.2
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 14:25:34
1 On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 05:38:59PM -0800, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 02/03/2017 05:34 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 > > I have an old version of asterisk-1.8.28.2 (it is no longer in portage).
4 > > I want to keep this version, temporarily (till I have a chance to test a
5 > > new one 11.25.1-ver.
6 > >
7 > > I've removed (commented out) "net-misc/asterisk" from world file.
8 > > But "emerge -a @preserved-rebuild" still wants to pull:
9 > >
10 > > net-misc/asterisk-11.25.1
11 > >
12 > > How do I prevent it?
15 > I don't think you can. It's telling you something that asterisk is
16 > depending on has been upgraded and asterisk needs to be rebuilt in order
17 > to work again. asterisk itself is in an inconsistent state and will most
18 > likely not work at all.
19
20 No, it is telling you that a library that asterisk depends on was
21 updated and portage preserved the old version to try to keep asterisk
22 working until you rebuild it. It's possible that it's broken (if some
23 files that the old library depends on where removed or changed) but
24 that's unlikely.
27 > Dan