From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] autofs for a symlink - howto
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 17:59:28
1 On 2/24/19 10:26 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > How can I set up my system (using autofs ?) to automatically mount /Src
3 > if such a symlink is accessed
4 > like   cd    $HOME/Python
5 >
6 > Many thanks for a hint,
7
8 Review some of the automount tutorials. They will be geared towards
9 NFS, but the same methodology should work for what I think you're
10 wanting to do.
11
12 From memory (I don't have a system handy that I can check) autofs /
13 automount (it goes by different names) has it's base config file, and a
14 few files that are included for various examples. You'll likely want to
15 add another included file that specifies the paths that you want to
16 automount.
17
18 As a bonus, automount will unmount the paths after a period of inactivity.