From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH: No X11 forwarding any longer
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 07:45:01
1 Iain Buchanan writes:
2
3 > On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 20:13 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
4
5 > > For a little while now I have a problem on one of my hosts, X11
6 > > forwarding stopped working.
7 >
8 > how are you ssh-ing in? -X? -Y?
9
10 Yes. Well, I usually have forwarding enabled automatically
11 in /etc/ssh/ssh_config, but I always try with -X or -Y anyway.
12
13 > What is the actual error from the client?
14
15 $DISPLAY is not set.
16
17 But I notice a change since yesterday: I now get this warning:
18 Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
19
20 Don't know what causes this, I emerged a couple of things due to world
21 update and (still!) some problems with the expat update, but nothing which
22 I would think has to do with ssh. Anyway, DISPLAY still does not get set.
23
24 Alex
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list