From: Henk Boom <lunarc.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A Good player for streaming audio
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 20:06:45
1 On 06/07/07, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Of course, it doesn't exactly integrate with KDE, and 3 windows
3 > (audacious, streamtuner, and an xterm for streamripper) are a tad
4 > irritating, but hey, that's what virtual desktops are there for.
5
6 If you're okay on the command line (or even if you aren't) you can
7 just write a simple script to run streamripper for you, no audacious
8 or streamtuner required. The only issue is getting the stream URL,
9 which can usually be found in the playlist file you download. Useful
10 command line options to check out (i.e. the ones I use) are -T -s and
11 -d.
12
13 Henk Boom
14
15 P.S.: I think I remember hearing that Amarok had some way of
16 integrating scripts into it's UI. Maybe that could be exploited?
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list