From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ata6: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x4000000 action 0xe frozen
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 14:43:59
1 On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 10:37:34AM +0300, Thanasis wrote:
2 >
3 > Me too. That's exactly how I use this Sata port, so it must be related
4 > to the way the kernel handles/probes it.
5 >
6 > BTW, I use a cable which is sata <-> eSata, i.e. sata for the
7 > motherboard side and eSata for the external disk side, and I keep the
8 > cable connected to the motherboard and the disk connected to the cable.
9 > I just power on the eSata external disk enclosure whenever I need to use
10 > the disk, and before switching the power off, I just unmount the disk.
11 > Is that a correct procedure?
12
13 The problem is more than likely with the SATA cable plugged to the
14 motherboard. How is the cable routed from the motherboard to the external
15 enclosure? If it's not stable, that can cause this problem; which is why my
16 present thought is to buy 2 items as shown in the previous post.
17 --
18 Happy Penguin Computers >')
19 126 Fenco Drive ( \
20 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
22 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
23 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
24
25 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
26 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
27 A: Top-posting.
28 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
29
30 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting