From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Icon" Editor???
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:56:18
1 Jacob Todd <jaketodd422@×××××.com> [09-06-01 18:12]:
2 > What format are the icons? What's 'Indexed mode'? What are 'Button
3 > Screens'?
4 >
5 > On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 04:58:52PM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 > >
7 > > Hi,
8 > >
9 > > I am trying to create "button screens" and such stuff for a touch
10 > > enabbles LCD of 160x80 pixels (pure black and white).
11 > >
12 > > Unfortunately I couldn't convince gimp to set black pixels
13 > > when using Indexed mode...
14 > >
15 > > And converting an rgb/grayscaled picture to b/w is no option,
16 > > since on a 160x80 "screen" this would result in broken lines
17 > > and such...
18 > >
19 > > I there any Icon-Editor which is able to handle text (kiconeditor
20 > > can't do that) and the other more general graphical drawing
21 > > operations?
22 > >
23 > > Or any other application with which I could acchieve what I want?
24 > >
25 > > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
26 > >
27 > > Kind regards,
28 > > Meino Cramer
31 > > --
32 > > Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
33 > > unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
34 > > See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
35 > > In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.
36
37 Format is any format. which supports pure b/w pixels...pbm for
38 example.
39 Button screens are screens, on which button are drawn, since on
40 screen sizeof of a handfull of pixels (160x80) in this case it is
41 not useful to use windowmanager or XLibs or such to draw on to
42 the screens. The screens are predefined and put onto the LCD
43 when necassary.
44 Indexed mode is a way to store the colors of a picture:
45 True color: Each picture cell (short pixel) contains the bytes of
46 bits defining the absoulte color value for red green and blue (rgb).
47 Indexed mode: Each picture cell contains an index into an array of
48 predefined rgb tripel.
49 Most often, programs which do support only treu color does not
50 understand to export to pure b/w image formats.
51 Programs understanding indexed mode do more often pure b/w...
52
53 Based on this, what program would you suggest to use, Jake?
54
55 Meino Cramer
62 > --
63 > Jake Todd
64 > // If it isn't broke, tweak it!
67 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
68 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
69 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
70 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.