From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] radeon screen resolution
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 02:03:43
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Monday 28 Dec 2015 21:05:56 john wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hmm,
6 > > thanks, I have now tried an old monitor and its screen
7 > > resolution was good (ie 1920x1080) so I think it's the monitor.
8 > > I have a R9 280 radeon card which is pretty new but the monitor is
9 > > very new (display port only, acer xb240h model) so I guess it's
10 > > something do do with that, perhaps EDID but not really sure. The
11 > > whole graphics stack is pretty bemusing and I would love to make
12 > > sense of it all.
13 >
14 > Have a look here for setting up your card:
15 >
16 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Amdgpu
19 > and here for setting up the driver
20 > 'x11-drivers/xf86-video-displaylink' to get your DP going:
21 >
22 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DisplayLink
23
24 I don't think that this is necessary. The Acer XB240H doesn't have a
25 DisplayLink connector. It has a DisplyPort connector and for this you
26 don't need a special driver.
27
28 IIRC you also don't need a special kernel option to use DisplayPort.
31 Regards
32 wabe