From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge difficulty.
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:25:39
1 Michael A Rowley, MD wrote:
2 > works. But whenever I try to get a package to emerge, I get a failure
3 > at 'set +x' on the debug screen, and it just sits there.
4
5 -x The shell shall write to standard error a trace for each command
6 after it expands the command and before it executes it. It is
7 unspecified whether the command that turns tracing off is traced.
8
9 so 'set +x' disables debugging, and 'set -x' enables it for the shell.
10
11 Perhaps the script is doing something else right after that... maybe an
12 strace?
13
14 However, I don't think it's something that complicated. Normally the
15 simplest answer is correct.
16
17 Check dmesg? have lockd and statd running (since it's an NFS mount)?
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list