From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-security] AMD64 + Hard Drive weirdness...
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:01:42
1 On Thursday 16 February 2006 17:32, Jeff wrote:
2 > Moving my thread over to the proper list... first...
3 >
4 > Now then - thanks to everyone on the list for your help. I've had barely
5 > any sleep lately, so I must apologize first, for putting the original
6 > thread onto the security mailing list by mistake.
7 >
8 > For anyone who's wondering - I have an AMD64 box, with a new Gentoo
9 > AMD64 install. The hard drive read times are obnoxiously slow - so, I'm
10 > going to attribute this to the wrong driver being loaded for the
11 > controller.
12 >
13 > See here:
14 >
15 > hdparm -tT /dev/hda
16
17 do a hdparm /dev/hda followed by hdparm -iI /dev/hda and check, if dma is
18 turned on and if yes, which mode.
19
20 Oh, and I hope you compiled the correct driver for your chipset into the
21 kernel?
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list