From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:01:43
1 On 1/13/20 3:24 AM, n952162 wrote:
2 > On 2020-01-12 16:48, james wrote:
3 >> I also install and re-install, as many of the gentoo systems get
4 >> "attacked" before I can� complete a secure install, or the hackers
5 >> just read much more than I do.
6 >> I guess I'm still popular, in very negative way.
9 > Hmmm.� Is that "attacked" to be interpreted in some sort of metaphorical
10 > way or do you mean really hacked over the internet? May I ask how, and
11 > how do you know?� What's involved in a secure install?
14 Monitor your connection, with a system setup that the ethernet does not
15 responds to any sort of request. The system just collects and log. NO,
16 I'm not documenting how to do this, but various ways exist, documented
17 on the internet to make *most* ethernet interface to where they are
18 *one-direction* only. HOW you achieve this? There are a myriad of ways.
19
20 Good Hunting and *never* tell anyone how *you* do this....
23 caveat emptor
24
25 James