From: "Aleksandar L. Dimitrov" <aleks_d@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia drivers for 8600 GT
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 23:15:43
1 On Sun, 13 May 2007 00:30:50 +0200
2 Markus Schönhaber <gentoo-user@×××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
5 >
6 > > I don't think that there is an overlay for those drivers.
7 > > Take a look at this bugs [1][2] which are dealing with the new
8 > > drivers. Maybe they will be added to the tree soon.
9 >
10 > Thanks for the pointers.
11 >
12 > > You can try to rename the ebuild according to the new version and
13 > > add it to your overlay, maybe it just works.
14 >
15 > I'll try it.
18 I did something rather dirty today. I downloaded the newest Nvidia Beta
19 Drivers and copied it over to /usr/portage/distfiles under the same
20 name the in-portage driver had. So while portage thinks the old drivers
21 are installed - that's not the case :)
22
23 It worked flawlessly and the new drivers gave me quite a performance
24 boost on my GeForce7400 Go! :)
25
26 So it might be worth it giving it a try...
27
28 Regargs, Aleks
29
30 > Regards