From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:34:20
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman [mailto:buanzo@××××××××××.ar]
3 > Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 7:02 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular
6 > dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
10 > Hash: SHA512
11 >
12 > burlingk@×××××××××.mil wrote:
13 > > ATI has nice graphics maybe (I still prefer nVidia), but
14 > they are not
15 > > friendly to the Open Source World.
16 >
17 > AMD announced last week that they will be releasing ATI
18 > drivers as OSS:
19 > http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/13/1659245
20 >previous to the former announcement:
21 http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/05/10/1424224.shtml
22
23 Cool.
24 Even though ATI wasn't very Open Source friendly, AMD always has been.
25 :P
26 It is good when our allies buy out hostile entities. ^_^
27
28 I still prefer nVidia. :P Someone just needs to nudge them in the right
29 direction.
30 Maybe this will do the trick. ^_^ At the very least, we will hopefully
31 have drivers
32 for our ATI cards soon. ^_^
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list