From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ymessenger is going??
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:21:59
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 11/16/06, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I did my sync tonight and when I checked for updates I got this:
6 >>
7 >> > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
8 >> > !!! masked or don't exist:
9 >> > net-im/ymessenger
10 >>
11 >> Is there not going to be a Yahoo messenger anymore? I cranked up Kopete
12 >> but I sort of like Yahoo better. If it is going, anybody know why?
13 >
14 > That's correct. It is masked pending removal along with all other
15 > gnome 1.x packages:
16 >
17 > /home/rjf > emerge --oneshot -v ymessenger
18 > Calculating dependencies
19 > !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "ymessenger" have been masked.
20 > !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
21 > request:
22 > - net-im/ymessenger-1.0.4.1 (masked by: package.mask, missing keyword)
23 > # Saleem Abdulrasool <compnerd@g.o> (16 Nov 2006)
24 > # GNOME 1.x Removal Mask (15 Dec 2006)
25 >
26 > - net-im/ymessenger-1.0.4.1-r1 (masked by: package.mask, missing keyword)
27 > - net-im/ymessenger-1.0.6.1 (masked by: package.mask)
28 >
29 > For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
30 > page or
31 > refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
32 >
33 >> I checked the change log and even searched a bit for a bug report. I
34 >> didn't see anything.
35 >
36 > The reasons for p.masked stuff is listed as comments above the masking
37 > in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask.
38 >
39 > -Richard
40
41 Thanks for sharing because mine doesn't say anything that you posted.
42 Maybe I synced at the wrong time. This all mine has:
43
44 > net-ftp/deadftp
45 > net-im/ayttm
46 > net-im/gnophone
47 > net-im/ymessenger
48 > net-misc/gnomba
49 > net-misc/pxes
50 > net-nds/directoryadministrator
53 What does ymessenger have to do with Gnome? I use KDE and still used
54 Yahoo messenger. Would getting Yahoo to write a new messenger help
55 any? Kopete is growing on me though. I like that I can log into
56 multiple accounts at the same time. I just need to figure out how to
57 make it use Seamonkey instead of Konqueror to access email and such.
58
59 Thanks
60
61 Dale