From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it possible to download packages from Windows XP?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:23:42
1 Drew wrote:
2 >> One way to get a known mirror is to do this command: emerge -fp
3 >> <package
4 >> name> It will give you a list of mirrors that should have the file
5 >> and the
6 >> address for it too.
7 >
8 > That assumes he has the information about the mirror/package stored
9 > locally. I think he's asking because his wireless card doesn't work
10 > under gentoo but does under XP, so non-local data is impossible to
11 > snag. ;-)
14 > -Drew
15
16 I'm not a windoze user but I would run the command in Gentoo, write down
17 the address, boot into windoze and poke it in < I hate this part> IE and
18 download it. Then copy it over, ever how he plans to do that too. :/
19
20 Of course, if he can't or doesn't want to do it that way, I gave him
21 another option, just in case. ;-)
22
23 Dale
27 www.myspace.com/dalek1967