From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fixing fstab
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:23:02
1 Mark wrote:
2
3 >I made a mistake while creating my fstab on a new install, and I can't
4 >boot. If I use my Universal CD to boot up, what command(s) will I have
5 >to run to get access to the fstab to fix it? (I'm assuming I have to
6 >re-mount & chroot but I don't know specifically what to do). Thanks!
7 >
8 >-
9 >Mark
10 >[unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]
14 To just change the fstab, boot the CD, mount the root partition then
15 nano -w /mnt/gentoo/etc/fstab should do it. Assuming you mounted to
16 /mnt/gentoo like in the install.
17
18 You should NOT have to chroot or anything to do that. Make sure you do
19 the -w option on nano. I didn't the other day and it booted but it gave
20 me a lot of errors. It put the 0 0 on the very end on the next line.
21
22 Dale
25 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list