From: Magnus Johansson <rnd-gentoo@×××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Using Portage/emerge
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:13:59
1 >>Check man portage with particular attention to the /etc/portage files to control what versions are installed.
2 >
3 > This is good advice - you shouldn't generally edit your world file, except
4 > when specifically adding packages you want to keep or removing those you
5 > don't.
6
7 Thank you, both! emerge no longer wants to downgrade openldap /
8 spamassassin / db-4.2 and I'm no longer using the world file.
9
10 > If portage lacks some specific patches you want, you can
11 > copy the ebuild to your overlay (check PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf)
12 > and edit it manually.
13 > If it's something useful and not personal,
14 > consider filing a bug at bugs.gentoo.org so others can benefit.
15
16 Ok, most important to me was the RECIPIENTS extension at
17 <http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/qmail.html>, don't know if that should
18 warrant a 'bugfix' or not.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list