From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:51:47
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2015-11-15, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Wasn't there a emerge option to ignore the manifest? I seem to recall
5 >> there used to be one but it was a LONG time ago. Of course, if someone
6 >> has tinkered with something that would be a bad thing to do.
7 > If the digest failures are for packages you don't have installed, just
8 > removing the entire directory for each of the broken manifests is one
9 > temporary work-around.
13 Thing is, one of the ones that fails is a package that I have
14 installed. That would be busybox and I think that is likely on
15 everyone's system so this would affect every Gentoo system out there. I
16 think I read on -dev somewhere a while back that busybox ended up being
17 pulled in as part of the @system profile/set.
18
19 Anyway, I figure they will have a fix before to long. I just find it
20 hard to believe that with all the planning that was put into this, the
21 changelogs and these issues were missed. It's not like they decided to
22 change this over a short time frame. They been working on this for
23 ages. Live and learn I guess. ;-)
24
25 Dale
26