From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] off topic : Dolphin massacre in Japan
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:02:08
1 On Wednesday 21 February 2007 01:39:02 pm Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > Today 01:39:02 pm
3 >
4 > On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 17:58 +0000, Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) wrote:
5 > [...]
6 >
7 > > I hate to be a nasty evil person and say this, but I will anyway - this
8 > > has no place on a Gentoo mailing list IMO. Post it in the off topic
9 > > section of the Gentoo forums I guess but posting these on a mailing list
10 > > is pretty much spam.
11 >
12 > To the contrary, I think that the OP has a lot to do with Gentoo and
13 > Linux in general.
14 >
15 > You see every day, like the poor Japanese Dolphins, countless numbers of
16 > cows are murdered every day.  They are slaughtered, cut up, ground into
17 > little bits, you name it, all in the name of greed (both in terms of
18 > money and food).  These innocent little souls are brought to an early
19 > death so that some may enjoy a half pound greasy burger or perhaps a 12
20 > oz. prime rib (with grilled onions, mashed potatoes, and cream corn on
21 > the side).  Like our Rising Sun Flipper, we must do something to stop
22 > the bovine genocide. Remember that our mascot and transgendered
23 > spiritual leader, Larry, is a cow, and therefore shares the same risk to
24 > his life as Willy or Bessie.
25 >
26 > And if they can go after dolphins and cows, then can penguins be next?
27 > Could little Tux's life be in danger as well?
28 >
29 > These are the things every (Gentoo) Linux user should be concerned
30 > about. Kudos to the OP for bringing this important issue to our
31 > attention!
32 >
33 Mmmm.... roasted penguin...
38 Jerry McBride