From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg-7: no console switching; can't exit gnome sanely.
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 08:28:39
1 I have just upgraded to xorg-7 and found that I can no longer use ctrl-alt-Fn
2 to switch out of the x server. I am using the same version of fglrx that I
3 was before I upgraded and this problem started happening. How do I get
4 console-switching back?
5
6 I have also found, since the upgrade, that I can no longer exit gnome sanely.
7 The first time I did it I got a kernel panic; the second time I found myself
8 back at a garbled login screen; and the remaining 3 times I have simply found
9 myself with a black screen and an unresponsive mouse and keyboard. I can
10 however, still exit kde and blackbox without problem.
11
12 The garbled login screen was one I have seen before when I tried to start a
13 second xsession from within a kde session. It looked a bit like what you get
14 when you set a video card to a resolution your monitor can't handle, with a
15 mess of broken horizontal lines across the screen at about the height the
16 login window ought to be.
17
18 I am still using kdm as my session manager, if that makes any difference (it
19 didn't in the past).
20
21 Any ideas what could be happening with my gnome sessions?
22
23 Thanks
24 Robert
25 --
26 Robert Persson
27
28 Conspiracy Bears:
29 Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list