From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Prevent sshd from stopping?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 04:40:43
1 On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:15:19 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > >> One of my Gentoo systems is located in a separate building from the
4 > >> router. The wireless connection always seems to be strong, but
5 > >> periodically the services that depend on net.ath0 stop because it
6 > >> loses the connection. Issuing 'rc' always brings them back. Is
7 > >> there any way to prevent this from happening? I'm mainly concerned
8 > >> about sshd.
9
10 > > Then let them depend on net.lo.
11 >
12 > What about sticking 'rc' in the crontab? No good?
13
14 What's wrong with setting RC_STRICT (?) appropriately, it's what it is
15 for. With the right setting, net.lo will satisfy sshd.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 If you are a fatalist, what can you do about it?