From: edes <edes@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB sound card not recognized as capture device
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 15:15:49
1 el 2020-01-18 a las 12:58 edes escribió:
2
3 > But now for some reason it works as playback device, but is not
4 > recognized as capture device.
5
6 I kept investigating, and all the evidence points to a kernel problem
7 (gentoo-sources).
8
9 I tried several versions, everything works fine with kernels up to 5.4.10,
10 problems appear with 5.4.11, 12 and 13. Same results on two different
11 machines with two different cards (same model).
12
13 It seems that some changes were introduced in 5.4.11 that affect USB
14 audio. This only affects my Sound Devices USPre2 cards, I tried with a
15 cheap card, and it continues to work normally with all kernels.
16
17 Where should I report this problem and who could help?
18
19 Thanks.