From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] remote machines - cups config question
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 21:15:48
1 Hi,
2 My parents are both now using Linux. My mom, approaching 80, has
3 finally started using Gentoo. My dad has been using Gentoo for about 6
4 years now.
5
6 They have a network addressed HP printer. I have cups on both
7 machines but have never configured my mom's new machine to print. My
8 dad's machine prints fine. I've installed the hplip package on my
9 mom's machine and am wondering if I can just copy the whole /etc/cups
10 directory from my dad's machine to my mom's and expect cups to work?
11
12 It's difficult to get firefox displaying here from my mom's
13 machine, although I'll do it if required.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Mark