From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sudo
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:54:32
1 > You also need to install vim because you have to edit the /etc/sudoers
2 > file in order to add a user name. If you display the sudoers file ('cat
3 > sudoers') it will tell you that the file *must* be edited by the visudo
4 > command as root.
5
6 exaggeration... that is certainly the safe way to do it, but unless I'm
7 mistaken, only really dangerous if you have lots of people logging
8 in/you can't tell the other people not to do so while you are editing
9 it. vipw stopped working for some strange reason and I have never looked
10 back :-).
11 Certainly BETTER to do it that way, no denying that!
12 Cheers
13 Antoine
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list