From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Merging separate /usr back into / - one last time...
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:46:14
1 On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 11:35:29AM -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-12-06 8:13 AM, Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > There are reasons why rsync is better than cp. The best one IMO is that rysnc
4 > > will not copy a corrupt file, while cp will. And rsync will tell you about the
5 > > corrupt file.
6 >
7 > Interesting and a good reason to use rsync over cp... if true... are you
8 > certain of this?
9
10 Yes, absolutely. Which is one reason I suggested you rean "man rsync". I don't
11 mean to be unkind, but there have been so many conflicting opinions in your
12 thread.
13 --
14 Happy Penguin Computers >')
15 126 Fenco Drive ( \
16 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
18 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
19 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
20
21 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
22 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
23 A: Top-posting.
24 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
25
26 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting