From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vsftpd: virtual users with own directory?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 16:51:47
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2
3 I have small problem with vsftpd, and because that software
4 has neither mailing-list nor user-forum, I have to ask here:
5
6 I'm moving my ftp users from local to virtual. My problem is:
7 how can I permit users to write only to their own directories,
8 but read/see all (even those of other users)?
9
10 With local users I simply created them with:
11 useradd -m -g users -b /home/ftp -s /bin/false user1
12
13 And for each of them I created subdirectory:
14 mkdir /home/ftp/user1
15 chown user1 /home/ftp/user1
16
17 In vsftpd.conf I had:
18 chroot_local_user=YES
19 local_root=/home/ftp
20
21 So when local user1 logged in (with ftp-client), he was in
22 /home/ftp, could see sub-dirs user1, user2, user3, etc.,
23 but could write only to his own sub-dir user1. How can I
24 do this with virtual users?
25
26 Jarry
27 --
29 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
30 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.