From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Copy the full path to clipboard from Thunar
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:47:42
1 >> I'm trying to copy the full path of a file from xfce4's file manager
2 >> Thunar so I can paste it into a command line program.  The way I found
3 >> to do this was with the "Configure custom actions..." option like
4 >> this:
5 >>
6 >> echo %f | xcopy -selection c
7 >>
8 >> I can then paste the path, but there is a newline character at the end
9 >> which messes things up.  Is there a better way to do this, or can I
10 >> strip the newline character?
11 >>
12 >> - Grant
15 > If this newline comes from the echo command you can suppress it with "-n".
16 >
17 > echo -n %f | xcopy -selection c
18 >
19 > --
20 > Regards,
21 > Daniel
22
23 Ah perfect, thanks guys. Also the program is called xclip, not xcopy.
24 Sorry about that.
25
26 - Grant