From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -f
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 05:33:59
1 burlingk@×××××××××.mil wrote:
2 > If I use emerge -f on a package, will it fetch that packaged
3 > dependencies as well?
4 >
5 > For instance, if I use 'emerge -f xorg-x11', will it check the system,
6 > then download
7 > everything that it needs to install that package?
8 >
9 > If I were to use 'emerge -uf world', would there be a huge number of
10 > packaged downloaded?
11 >
12 > ^_^
13 >
14 > ---
15 > Ken
18 If you want to make sure you get everything, I would do a emerge -ef
19 <package>. That should get everything needed for sure. The "e" stands
20 for emptytree but I always think of it as everything. If used with the
21 option world it gets everything needed to recompile the complete
22 system. Example: emerge -ef world
23
24 Hope that helps.
25
26 Dale
27
31 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
32
33 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list