From: CJ Keist <cj.keist@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo glibc-2.3.2 install help
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:15:29
1 Yes,
2 Running Matlab on current release will just core dump. Also tried
3 the fix on Matlab site where you modify the .matlab7rc.sh file. So I'm
4 thinking it has to be a problem with the new glibc on current releases.
5 This is on Fedora 3 and 4 as well. Fedora 2 sort of works but not well.
9 Zac Medico wrote:
10 > CJ Keist wrote:
11 >
12 >> Hello all,
13 >> First time user of Gentoo. We're wanting to run Matlab R14 SP2
14 >> 64bit mode. According to Matlab site they support the Linux kernel
15 >> 2.6.x and glibc-2.3.2. Non of the current linux distro (i.e. Fedora)
16 >> has that old of glibc. So looking at Gentoo thinking I can build the
17 >> Gentoo system based on glibc-2.3.2.
18 >> I'm doing a stage 1 install, and not quite understanding this
19 >> portage tree stuff. I have tried to put the following in
20 >> /etc/portage/package.mask:
21 >>
22 >> >=sys-libs/glibc-2.3.3
23 >>
24 >> and /etc/portage/package.unmask
25 >>
26 >> =sys-libs/glibc-2.3.2-r12
27 >>
28 >> but bootstrapping the system is failing with deps on glibc newer than
29 >> what I want. Am I going about this wrong????
32 > Have people reported any problems with newer versions of glibc? If not,
33 > you should at least try a current stable version.
34 >
35 > If you want to run an old version of glibc then it's probably easier if
36 > you use an old portage tree. Maybe you can use an old gentoo release cd.
37 >
38 > Zac
42 C. J. Keist Email: cj.keist@××××××××××××××.edu
43 UNIX/Network Manager Phone: 970-491-0630
44 Engineering Network Services Fax: 970-491-5569
45 College of Engineering, CSU
46 Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301
47
48 All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'
49 --
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list