From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] very slow updating portage?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:55:21
1 On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:13:33PM +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2 > Hello. Untill today I begin to realize I am using aibiword 2.2 and
3 > gnumeric 1.4.3
4 >
5 > I think they should be at least half a year old, or one year old. Are
6 > packages updated not so frequently? I think it's not very hard to port
7 > them into gentoo (but I am no developer)
8 > --
9 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
10
11 goto bugs.gentoo.org
12
13 Bugzilla Bug 108039
14 abiword-2.4.0 (version bump)
15
16 ------- Additional Comment #1 From Sebastian Spaeth 2005-10-04
17 06:41 PDT -------
18
19 Please hold back your horses for a day or two. 2.4.0 has some
20 confirmed crashers
21 and 2.4.1 is supposed to come out in a day or two. Those crashers
22 will be fixed
23 there. Thanks for considering this.
26 ------- Additional Comment #2 From Sebastian Spaeth 2005-10-08
27 06:51 PDT -------
28
29 Abiword 2.4.1 is out now (although not officially announced on the
30 webpage, but
31 the source tarball is in the download dir), would be great to bumb
32 the version now.
33
34 Now, Abiword has only released 2.4 last week.
35 The 2.3.x branch is a development release, where things goes in and out
36 and sideways all the time, so you probably don't want to use it in any
37 sort of semi-stable environment.
38
39 Now, for gnumeric: 1.6 only came out a week ago (hum, I see a trend
40 here), and 1.5.x is the development release.
41
42 As you said, you are no developer, so all those "releases" during the
43 past year were not for you. So all I can say is:
44
45 "Whoa boy! Hold you horses!"
46
47 Best,
48
49 W
50 --
51 NJYWT: Aileen is just not a regular bitch, she is a bitch extraordinaire.
52 M: I aspire to be like Aileen.
53 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 61 days, 17:49
54 --
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list