From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: brasero drive detection
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:59:59
1 On 12/29/2009 12:30 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have two machines with nearly identical hardware and (believed)
5 > identical GenToo (~amd64) systems.
6 >
7 > On one of these I have to start brasero with --device=/dev/sr0
8 > while on the other one brasero detects the driver by itself.
9 > Both 'hal' configuration look identical.
10 >
11 > Has anybody an idea where the difference might come from?
12
13 I don't have a /dev/sr0, so I don't know what that device is.
14
15 My machine has symlinks for /dev/dvdrw and /dev/cdrw pointing to
16 /dev/hdb, which is the dvd burner, naturally.
17
18 Do you have the same symlinks on both machines? I would check the
19 contents of /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules to see if they
20 are the same. If in doubt, just delete that file and let udev make
21 a new one on the next reboot.