From: Damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Trying to shutdown/reboot computer from gnome
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:14:31
1 Damian <damian.only@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Currently I cannot turn off the computer, nor reboot using gnome 2.28.2.
4 > Googling around it seems that it is a polkit related problem. I've tried
5 > to do what is mentioned here:
6 > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-mint-84/authentication-to-restart-and-turn-off-789357/
7 >
8 > But polkit-auth --show-obtainable shows nothing.
9 >
10 > I'm running gnome via startx, and the .xinitrc file looks like this:
11 > export XDG_MENU_PREFIX=gnome-
12 > exec ck-launch-session gnome-session
13 >
14 > Could anybody manage to get this working?
15 Ok, the problem seemed to be gone after the addition of the gnome, polkit,
16 policykit, and consolekit use flags. I don't know which flag got it
17 working.